Friday, May 7, 2010

GRADUATION

Wow, at 10:00 a.m. tomorrow morning my oldest son will graduate from College. He will earn his Bachelor In Science In Industrial Technology/Mapping and Surveying. This is such an accomplishment and we so very proud of him! We have had alot of tragedies during his last four years of college,2 weeks ago his role-model and gran-pa passed away, his Uncle passed 1yr ago, we lost our home and all contents 2yrs ago, hes had 2 surgeries one which included having his jaws wired for 6wks and he also had his wisdom teeth (all 4) removed ....oh and Swine Flu!!

During all the above and due to the loss of our home we have moved 5times in 2yrs! During all of this my son was taking 21-22 and 24hrs! Which if you know anything about college we had to get anything over 19hrs approved by the Dean. Now, dont think for one minute that hes someone who ''likes'' school....total opposite! This is what makes tomorrow even more special! He actually hated school lol......he loved Sports, he loved socializing,he loved hunting.....school not so much haha

So, as I sit here tonight beaming with pride its bitter sweet! My babies grown.......he will ALWAYS be my baby! Now hes my baby with a degree! God has blessed us with him and his brother and I know they will succeed at anything that they set their minds to! Please say a prayer that I survive tomorrow with out making a fool of me or my son! The tears have flowed off and on all day to day....they are Happy Tears, but they are Mothers tears of Joy,Pride and most of all Love......those for me are sometimes hard to control.

He will be wearing his Poppas class ring tomorrow that we had cleaned and added his initials inside. I hope this is of some comfort to him.........his Poppa was as proud of him as we are! What a special relationship they had. Im sure he will be standing on that stage with him tomorrow and I pray my son can feel his presence!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to your son, and to you. How awful you lost your home and all contents. And really, go ahead and let the tears flow. Today is going to be one of those days that are such a proud moment. Let them flow freely. I for one am sure that poppa will be there, and will have the biggest, proudest smile on his face. Congrats again to your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You won an award, visit me at www.likeshessomebody.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK U DD HOW SWEET! WE SURVIVED WITH VERY LITTLE WATER WORKS.....HOW I DONT KNOW LOL THANX ANG! WILL HAVE PICS LATER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Come check my blog. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. THANK YOU DD! Today was an awsum day.....Im not sure about ''Orbs etc'' but in certain pics of my son today the pics were full of them!! I can honestly say this ranks in the top moments of my life! He started College on a Football Scholarship out of State and decided he needed to concentrate more on his studies! He was an awsum player so that took alot for him, as I said he really doesnt like school lol He wanted to be ''home'' by his family espically his Poppa, so the way its all turned out its a blessing he did! Ill post some pics on here when I fig out how lol thanx for your kind words my new friend!

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''