Saturday, May 1, 2010

~POPPA~

Our Poppa passed awasy a few weeks ago! Pops is my husbands dad and my 2 boys role model,friend and Granpa. You know that kind of man that EVERYONE loved. I have never heard a bad word spoken of him! His dad was the town Sherrif, Jugde and had the same character, personality and ''smiley eyes''. What are ''smiley eyes?'', they always have a twinkle and are always kind! My husband has that same charming character and is what attracted me to him 32yrs ago. Our 2boys appear to have inherited those traits and ''eyes'' too!

We decided to move here even tho it was inconvienent for us, so our boys would know their gran parents! Because the boys were so devastated at his passing I found myself questioning that decision (only briefly). I decided we did a good thing. The fact that they were able grow up,live by and really know their Pops is an opportunity most never have. For them to be fortunate enough to spend their whole life around such a role model was a blessing. One you take for granite until faced with a life with out him.

He was a true Gran Paw! (my dad passed when they were little) We will all miss him so much, but are so grateful for the memories and life lessons he taught us and passed down. Over 300 came to his viewing....what a testiment to a life well lived!

God Bless and R.I.P Poppa, thank you for all you taught us and our children, you were truly one of a kind!

2 comments:

  1. Your boys will always have awesome memories of their poppa. You were good parents to move them closer to them. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''