Sunday, May 16, 2010

''THE CAMP''

For my sons College Graduation we had party #2 at ''The Camp'' Saturday. Now we are from E. Tx and we refer to alot of places like that. We have Moon Lake, Half Moon, The Cannons, Black Cypress, Ltl Cypress, Big Cypress and so on. The Camp is family land wayyyyy out in the woods that runs along the River leading to the well known Caddo Lake. If you've ever seen the movie Deliverence, thats kind of the setting without the banjos.

We held the first party at a nice restraunt, you know the kind with the cloth napkins lol This one was on the river with a Skeet shoot, washers (throwing metal washers in certain holes lol) horse shoes, a keg (their mid 20's and noone was leaving for night)!

Right by the cabin is a place called Half Moon (I know). Half Moon is the home of several Alligators one at the moment is around 12ft! Now as I said we are in ''The woods!'' which means there are alllll kind of reptiles and varmints! Everyone is having a good time the men are having a skeet tournie when all of a sudden I hear ''SNAKE!!!''

Well let me tell you I couldnt run fast enough! I was mid air careful that the feet didnt touch the ground(just in case) I jump in the back of a truck and as I look up I see my friend running out of our cabin. The men are still shooting and are not aware of her screaming or me running on air!

Now I start yelling ''SNAKE SNAKE SNAKE''...all these men take off running toward the cabin like 'The snake whisperers' and or ''The snake hunters''! Im still in the truck as these men race past me and toward the cabin guns loaded. They get inside ready to shoot the cabin up and it was a ....harmless garden snake. Im STILL in the truck!!

My friend was standing in front of the cabin staring at me, I started laughing and told her ''I love you , but Im NOT geting out of this truck''! As the hostess I felt my job was to alert the Men! I thought I did this very well and at a pitch I didnt know my voice could reach! Im still in the truck! There are ten men loaded with everything from a 22 to a AR 15 and guess what ''no snake'' it got away! SEEMS LIKE I HAD THE RIGHT IDEA TO JUMP IN THE TRUCK LMAO. Im sure ''my friend'' the snake is laughing at me and bonding with ''my other friend'' the alligator!

6 comments:

  1. I'd say you did the right thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I was NOT geting out of that truck lol someone has to be able to call 911!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omfg, that was soooo hilarious. I would have loved to see the men running to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They were def a sight to be seen D.D! Wish I would of taped it, but I was were...'''IN THE TRUCK''' lmao!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Wish I could have been there! Def would have filmed you running on air (course I probably would have been right behind you)! Hate snakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol your just amazed my big a-s could run...much less jump in the truck haha

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''