Saturday, May 22, 2010

Bday Bliss

June is a busy month for us. We have my sons bday, my bday an our anniversary (all in 7days). If I were a nice wife I would let him use that as an excuse for the story below, but why do that when I can use it as leverage for years to come lol

When my boys were little my husband took them to the store ''The day of'' to buy me a BIRTHDAY card! As I take it out of the pretty purple envelope there was one of those dreary kinda flowers on it and it read ''My deepest Sympathy''! I open it up and it proceeds in the same theme, '' Our hearts and prayers are with you in your time of loss""! WTH?!

I thanked the boys and told them how pretty it was and they went along their merry way. THEN, I asked my hubbie if he'd seen the card. He replies ''YES - WHY?''. Now dont get me wrong I was lmao ''inside'', but the look on my husbands face was ''priceless'' when I handed him the card! He didnt know whether to run,apologize or admit defeat.

I have that card in an album and I laugh everytime I read it. He still has no idea I found it as funny as I did. He always acted like he put sooo much time and energy into the card picking process and helping the boys..... can you say ''BUSTED''! As I said if I were a ''nice'' wife I would have let it go, but that one was too good to let slide. Its been over 15yrs and I get the sweetest cards now....Things that make you go hummmm!

2 comments:

  1. haha. It's always nice to have something to hold over them. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is D.D. and when you actually have it in ''print''....its SWEET (-;

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''