Friday, May 21, 2010

DAY FROM H=E=L=L

I'm in our local convenient store a few days back and purchased a lottery ticket. This ticket is called Texas Two Step. I've never bought it before, but I had a ''feeling''! I purchased $4 worth.

A few days later I'm in the store and decide to check it. Low and behold the music plays and she said you won something. I said cool, because I figured it was $5 or something. The girl behind the counter checks it and says ''S**t gurl you done won somethan!'' (her language lol) Then the man from the back come out an says ''no s**t you did''....I said ''seriously'' they harmonize ''NO S**T''!

Now this is starting to sound like alot of money, so I'm beginning to jump up and down with glee....seriously! The jack pot was 1.1 million!!! Yea, that WOULDA been nice. Long story short I won $1,100.00! Ill take it!! Hell of a return on $4.oo!

So, my husband and I set off for our 120ish mile round trip journey. He asks me several times, you got this - you got that (after 32yrs that's annoying!) OF COURSE I DO I reply! We drove by our house and our son needed the ruck so we changed vehicles and headed on our Merry way. Are you seeing where this is going yet?!

We get there in plenty of time to spare. I walk in with a hop in my step, hand him my ticket, Drivers license and SS card. He looks over everything and says,'Did you sign the back?'' I say ''no sir'' and he hands me a pen! I fill it out hand it back and .....wait for it...wait for it.....he says ''I'm sorry Miss we have to have a CURRENT D.L""!! !!x##!!***##@@@***xxx!!! WHAT?!!!

So, I turn to my husband and say, ''you do it''. The man looks at me and states ''I'M SORRY MISS HE CANT BECAUSE YOU JUST FILLED OUT THE BACK''!!! > WHAT!!!! You just looked at my stuff and TOLD me too!! I ask him what can I do? Miss Big Hair from the back states, ''you can mail it?'' XXX???!!!!!!######???!!!! WHAT!!!???

My patience at this point are hanging on by a thread! What happened you ask, I had my S.S card and a D.L. but the D.L. was not the CURRENT one....the current one was with my son in the truck!!! Now my question is , why does it matter? There is a picture and its ME on my DLs?!

I asked them so what would happen if I go to the DPS office and get a NEW one! He proceeds to tell me I couldn't just go do that. I proceeded to tell him for $11 bucks I most certainly could lol SO I DID!!!

Sounds like that was the solution right....NO!! After sitting and waiting for 2hrs,making small talk to a very nice lady who worked there I was thru with 1hr to spare! Yea baby money here I come!! Ill show them....

Well, no I didn't. We leave, there is silence as we pull out of the parking lot because I believe my husbands head will explode at any moment! I'm trying to be cool, but I can feel it coming and it did. We didn't make it a few miles when the traffic jam from hell was in front of us. A Tanker Truck has rolled over and it was a mess ! The loop that leads to EVERYWHERE was closed off and traffic was at a Stand still....no one is moving....NO ONE!!

I look at my husband and boom he said, '' I asked you if you had everything and you said you did!'' He just couldn't stand it! I...still trying to stay calm said ''' its all good we have plenty of time we can maneuver around this''! After seeing the news crews everywhere and traffic not moving I pretty much knew this was a wasted trip! I STILL try to be positive by stating ''at least I got my license renewed'' if looks could have killed my body would be up for viewing tomorrow.

By the time we got lost, called a friend for a short cut etc we FINALLY reach the Lotto Head quarters at 5:05, I kid you not 5:05....they were closed!! I believe they turned out the lights, locked the door and were on the floor peaking at me and laughing their butts off when we drove up on 2wheels and my hubbie is yelling ''RUN RUN!'' They were closed and locked up like Fort Knox!!!

Sooooo, we met up with the friends we called for directions, had a meal and I had a very large Margarita and we drove home mostly in silence. OMG it was KILLING him that I did that.... he was grinding his teeth the whole way home. I was trying hard not to laugh, but the closer we got home I just had to! It was pretty damn funny! I tell him '' you know its funny'' he glares....again I say ''you KNOW its funny''. This is the kicker I figured out a way to turn it around on him....I STATE ''Well you know me and you know I always do something like that so why didn't YOU make sure I had what I needed (-: ''

No he didn't kill me, he was so flustered he apologized to me! Now I know your thinking, ''that's bad''...........well he shouldn't have gave me 60ish miles in silence to decide it WAS HIS fault after all LOL! Men, they'll never understand women. So Im going alone Monday to try this ALL again! Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. First of all. OMG. I now know someone that "won" money on a lottery ticket. But I find that such a sad, sad story. I feel your pain. But at least you could laugh about it by the time you got home. So, let me get this straight, you had to get the money that day. I thought lotto winners had like a year to turn in their ticket. Yeah, can you tell I live in Utah where we have to buy our liquor at the state run liquor store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No DD I didnt have to get the money that day it was just we had traveled 60-70ish miles and the hubbie was annoyed lol So now I will go ALONE YAYYYYY LOL monday and will have ''2'' current IDs haha!! So moneys still mine just not for this weekend, so not so sad just annoying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that guy wanted to see Wes's head explode!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At that point 'I' wanted to see Wesleys head explode and put him out of his misery or me out of mine lol

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''