Saturday, June 5, 2010

Im Eclectic

~AND I'M PROUD OF IT~



In the past it almost seemed like a bad thing to be eclectic. If you were ''eclectic'' then maybe you couldn't make up your mind or you had no style sense. I assure you neither of those are me!



I love everything! All kinds of cars,clothes,food,decorations,hair,make-up just about everything! I'm proud of the fact that I can find joy and beauty in all I see. Now I am picky on my shoes , but a girl has to have a few favorites!



My house is riddled with Antiques, mixed with some oriental pieces, shabby sheek mixed with family mementos and topped off with alittle modern! Hey, it works....it really does!



I like to mix and match my clothes, Ive even layered my perfumes! Maybe I am indecisive, but I like it that way! I love to mix what I read and what music I listen to. Ill go from Styx, to Creed,to Pink Floyd,to Hank Williams Jr, to Nickleback to Journey back to country then top it off with some Beethoven! Keeps life interesting!



The Madonna Era had to be one of my favorites- with a mix of Flash Dance, the doors were open for Eclectic dressing! I made alot of my clothes,quite stylishly I might add (or to me anyway lol) it was fun,free and not up-tight! Now don't get me wrong I also had the day time business suit, but at night that went far in the closet and I felt free.



I love to mix and match pillows on my bed to bring out that color you can barely see until you throw that pillow on it and make it ''POP''! I love to start a trend and not follow!



I love Sushi, but I also love a good steak and how about some Lobster with alittle Mexican and Italian on the side! I'm a salad freak, love me some fruit too!



I also can take a good glass of red wine or a Chocolate Martini, but a cold beer or frozen Margarita sounds good too. I will also add I am a Dt Coke junkie who loves her sweet tea too.



As far as movies go I love Trues stories, comedy's,thrillers,love stories, but I have to say I'm not much on Sci-fi! Theres nothing like an old classic to cuddle up on the couch with your man and a blanket!



My friends are of all walks and types. Ive never felt the need to classify my self and my friends. I have some that could buy and sell me 10times over then I have some that cant make rent. I have some that refuse to eat some where that doesn't have cloth napkins and others that want peanut shells on the floor! I'm open.................theres someone for every mood and occasion! I have single friends,married friends, kid less friends,friends with 6 kids,friends that are gran parents friends that truly believe their dogs are their kids lol



I have friends that ride Harley's(we own one), I have friends that hate Harley's........so it makes my life interesting and very hard to get bored.



This in return shows through how I decorate my house,choose my friends and live my life! Eclectic, full of all the things and people life has to offer! I try to live my life to the fullest and collect odds and ends along the way to tell the story. Thanks to everyone whose been a part of my journey. Theres a little piece of you some where in my house or heart!

5 comments:

  1. I'm an eccentric eclectic...and we rock! Hate the sci-fi too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you on the sci-fi. I have "uppity friends" but honestly like to hang with the more down to earth ones. I also like hangin with you on the blog world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I've given you an award. Come on over to collect it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOOHOO!!! YOU GOT AN AWARD!!! That is so cool!
    I'm with you on the eclectic! Same way here, we have a blend of interior design going on in our home too! Similar taste in things and friends (no wait...I only have blog friends--guess that is part of my eccentric side) But I do enjoy some (not all) sci-fi. Love anything with a legal feel to it (must be cause of where I work)...and I have a thing for books!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks DD! I feel like I should get all dressed up and Stand on a stage to Thank everyone lmao! Do you think my family would go ahead an commit me or just see it as usual behavior! Mitzi, enjoy your blogs also and luv the new glasses (=
    Angie, yes we are lol you never know what youll find in our house or what the story is as to how it got there lol

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''