Friday, April 23, 2010

Being ''LIKED'' is more important than being ''POPULAR''

I heard this saying today and it rings such truth. When people like you for who you are then you are ''likeable''! When your popular people usually like you for what you have,what you can offer them etc. To be likeable, you must be treating people with respect and showing kindness toward them!

I love this! Kids grow up wanting to be popular. Adults aspire to be popular thinking that it will help to bring them success. But, the reality is if you are a likeable person then you ARE popular, but in a different way..... In an honorable way. We should all aspire to be ''likeable'' in all aspects of our lives.

5 comments:

  1. I like this. It's a distinction I don't think many people realize.

    Hi from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to be more likable! I once went to the funeral of a woman who no one could say a bad word about. In fact, everyone giggled over how nice she was. She lived her life with outstanding honor and kindness. I strive to be that way. Sometimes it works, a lot of times t doesn't.

    www.lovemedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi FMB, I agree that we dont distingush the difference in ~likeable and popular~ sometimes! Great to hear from you

    Melissa, I know what you mean.....it is hard!My father-in-law passed away a week ago, he was a ''likeable'' person! Over 300 attended an or came by to show their respects.I have never in my 32yrs of knowing him heard a negative comment! He ALWAYS had a smile and a kind word! What a legacy for him and his family! My husband comes by it alot easier than me lol

    All we can do is try! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''