Sunday, November 21, 2010

LIFE IN GENERAL

When you have a sick spouse you tend to absorb everything and every moment! Ive noticed myself finding simplicity in the oddest things. Things I didn't find so simple now have a different meaning. The old saying ~Stop and Smell The Roses~ is true......we don't do that enough. Just STOP and embrace what the world has to offer.
I notice the smallest things in my Husband now. Its weird after 32yrs I see him different , but the same. I notice his walk,smell ,laugh all like I'm seeing them for the first time. I sit back and watch my boys and try to pull ~their dads qualities~ out of them and soak it in! What did they take from me....from him! I wonder if hes doing the same thing now?! Are we both seeing each other in a different light? Are we both soaking up every moment we have?! I feel so blessed yet shorted!?

I guess this is a natural process, I'm not really sure? Life has a way of changing you with out options. Sometimes its unfair and we don't have a choice, but to see it differently and other times we JUST HAVE to see it differently. To soak up everything around us whether good or bad, whether you have any control over it or not. So, my theory is ~Stop and smell the Roses~  Try to soak up all the ~scents~ you can! Cherish it all because you never know what life has to offer you . Seems Cliche' I know, but its true. A bad situation or shall I say an unexpected situation has MADE me do all the above! Sometimes when you want to take things for granted or think ~ Ill do it tomorrow ~ STOP and do it NOW~ ......just the simple things make the world of difference.

5 comments:

  1. That is so true. Thank you so much for making the beginning of Thanksgiving week a time for me to reflect on all I am grateful for.

    May you and your family have a truly blessed Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome DD! I hope you have an awsum Thanksgiving and alot of full bellies.....I cant wait! I LOVE ME SOME DRESSING (=

    I believe when life is going well we seem to run thru the holidys without REALLY realizing the meaning! I will be VERY grateful this Thanxgiving also....reflecting is good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get it...really I do. this is not something I'm talking about openly on my site but my husband went from being diagnosed with (first) a fatty liver) and then elevated liver enzymes and NOW a dangerous high iron level in his blood. His MRI shows a healthy liver - thank goodness, but the iron still warrants much concern. they have no idea what is causing it. he doesn't have the gene and he is not an alcoholic. his oncologist is trying to get his iron levels to 50 - currently they are at 1600. he goes for weekly blood letting which leaves him weak.

    lots of fear here.... death is so real to me and I don't want him to leave me. I'd prefer to be the one who "moves on" but I don't have control of that.

    I think of you often, connecting with you on many levels. I felt so fragile sitting in the oncologists waiting room... and yes, I am grateful.

    keep me in the loop! much love and big monkey hugs, Shanno

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You Shannon, seems to just be a down our of things the last few years it seems! I sure hope they find out whats wrong with your hubbie and get him back to his self again! Its terrible for us to have to sit,wait and worry all while being positive and smiling for them!IM s-p-e-n-t!! I -like you tried to bargain with God to no avail! I will keep you in the loop as you do me too please! Think of you and all my Blogging friends and pretty soon I will be sitting down and letting all this nervous energy go to paper....please forgive my slacking! luv yall

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. have no idea what i was trying to say in that 1st sentence so i cant correct it lmao.... sorry (;

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''