Tuesday, August 17, 2010

..................TO BE CONTINUED!

At this point it has been several more weeks since my last post! Not really sure where to start or what I'm ready to share yet, but I hate to keep you hanging!

My husband had brain surgery to remove a tumor 2 weeks ago today. As I said this was all a shock to us....we had no idea he was sick other than kidney stones. In spite of the fact that Good Shepard Medical Center almost killed him...I'M SERIOUS!, I finally ~forced~ them to transfer him to UT S Western Zale Lipshy, in Dallas where they brought him back to life and performed the brain surgery flawlessly!

We are now in the process of being set up for treatment at UT S. Western Zale for his radiation/chemo. They are said to be as good as M D Anderson and he feels comfortable there sooo.............I pray they are! He has the ~C~ word. At this point I'm not ready to go into detail until he and I know exactly what we are dealing with! I  may start a separate blog just on this ,his recovery and the road we will be traveling in the process!

We have 2 sons,been together 32 of my 47yrs on this earth and he is my rock...our rock! We are devastated and hopeful at the same time! If any of you out here have experienced this kind of tumor glioblastoma  or know someone who  has please put them in contact with me! His is a rare form so it cant be treated like a reg grade3-4....its all a guessing game and Im actually ok with that! Why?? Because a grade 4 is not a good out come and with his it has alittle of all, so its not fast growing and thats awsum!!! My head is full and swimming of what to do...the best thing for us to do???!!!!

Thank you for your support and I appreciate all who will share this journey with us and give me advice, support or a sounding board! God Bless Roxs

7 comments:

  1. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm glad that you ended up at a good hospital that did the necessary things they needed to do. Big, huge, hug.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry to hear this...I will keep your husband in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you dd....life gives you curve balls sometimes! jazz we can use all the prayers we can get! Im in hope that this will in the next year turn out to be a positive journey and I can help others with what my husband and our family will have to go thru!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if you felt it but I sent you a HUG OF LOVE - did you feel that CHILL? LOVE heals. I know this to be true. Keep your heart open. Focus on all that is good, like your amazing sons and the love and appreciation you have for your family. WE, your blogging family are here for you. If you need something specific, please let me know. for now, I'll send love....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You GM! Right now I need lots of prayer....hugs are good too (= Everywhere I turn is mountains of support and I feel so blessed, but yet at times so alone! I have put on my ~big girl panties~ and am making the best of a bad situation!! As Im sure you know its hard in any ~not so optimal time~ to stay happy and positive , but we are trying with all our mite! xoxoxoxo Rxs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh ~ This is such a terrible thing and so shocking to know. I am so sorry! Please, please, please go easy on yourself during this time. Rest as you can and accept help from others. My thoughts are certainly with you, your husband and your sons. Peace to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. Thank you for your kind words! My Fibro has been in over drive....I'm sure you know how stress reaks havic on out bodies )= Im trying....its just hard. Peace to you and yours too. I hope your feeling well.....winter is not my friend lol Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''