Saturday, July 10, 2010

Simple Saturday

~PICTURES FROM OUR HOUSE THAT BURNT~



That's what today has been and I love it! Simple in the clothes I put on, the calls I've made,the plans for tonight and it seems to be showing in my new pattern of life! I believe I may be seeing alot more simple days and relationships......because they are just that ~SIMPLE~!

You see so many things have lead up to this decision and I will share a few with you! Now before I begin do not Pity me for what I share because I have learned and grew from all my life experiences.

Two yrs ago at about 3am we were awoke by our house full of smoke. We had restored this home 4yrs prior and was one of the oldest in our Historical town and I might add also one of the prettiest. It was a beautiful house with 14-16ft ceilings,original hardwood floors,grand entrance,3 baths...just everything you could want in that type of home! My oldest son was away at college and our youngest up front asleep awaiting his bday in 2days!

When my husband woke me and opened our bedroom door black smoke barrelled in.....it was the most frightening thing I have ever experienced. This was a large house so to get from our room up and around to our sons room in a dark smoked filled house was a chore! I jumped up and ran/crawled to his room and woke him, turned around and headed to the front door and he was gone! I ran back to his room and he was asleep again (apparently he had already started to breath in smoke!) so I jerked him up in his boxers and we ran! My husband went out the back grabbing the dog and what few items he could as I tried too, but there was only so much we could get!

In all the ruckus we had called 911 and the emergency crews were there by the time we got outside! We stood that night and watched everything we owned and all our memories go up in smoke and there wasn't a thing we could do! At the time and months to follow were the hardest of my life. My brother passed of a rare and sudden illness 6mths later, my husbands dad passed 1yr 1/2 later and his mom was diagnosed with cancer just 2mths after his death!

There were alot of little things that were in between, but also came the reevaluating my life and its purpose. What should I do from here was always a thought! I realized VERY quickly that night as I watched the flames that my family was safe! My animals were safe! All I THOUGHT was important or status quo meant nothing with out the life that was breathing around me!!

We went from 3600 sq ft to 850 sq ft! Its a small family property given to my husband when his dad passed. I have moaned and groaned at the size etc, because it has been a major shell shock! BUT I have learned that this `SMALL` house has helped to heal our family and bring us even closer! We have no choice but to be around each other, watch T.V. together,eat together and wait for an available bath room yes...together lol Due to all the circumstances money has been tight so we have also learned to entertain each other!

I never thought my life would be where it is now and some tragic things have happened , but it has taught us all how important the ~~simple~ things in life REALLY are! Friends,family and the smaller things that cant be bought are whats important. I cherish every moment I have with the ones I love and realize in many ways how they can go in a blink of an eye.

We will re-coupe our life one day, but we could never replace each other! So live, love, laugh and be grateful for what you have RIGHT NOW at this moment and time!! You never know when your life may change and with out that love and support from each other the journey will be alot harder manage!

7 comments:

  1. First of all, I'm so glad to see a post from you. I've missed you!!!!!

    Fire in my home would be about the worst thing I could think of. I'm glad that you have grown from it and are alive to talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo DD! Missed you too.........my lap top has been down and Im just too lazy to walk next door and use the one in the office lol
    I dont know why but this wk its been on my mind so I thought Id share a little about myself! We all have a story that makes us who we are (=
    So hows your life been lately? I have tried to reply on many posts from my phone but I cant figure out how to do it haha guess I need to ask one of my boys since Im cumputer=electronically challenged! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! Family and the simple things do matter most in life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (= YES MY FRIEND IT IS! Now my version of simple may be alittle different than others.....I would be lieing if I said I didnt miss the luxeries I once had because I do and I intend on regaining most of them! My point is I had forgotten how valuable the small things are and just being grateful for each other! You tend to forget that and it takes it all being gone etc for you to realize the big picture and put your life and friends into perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes! I get it, really I do!!!

    the greatest growth comes from the deepest pain. its a choice to grow - not everyone does. some play the victim and expect people to feel sorry for them.

    you are blessed to be surrounded by such great love!

    (((((((hug)))))))))

    here's to living, loving and laughing -

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, you have been through so much. Your post is amazing & one of strength, love & faith. So glad you, your husband & Son are all okay.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Lin I appreciate you stoppping by and I look forward to your blog and more pics of that new granbaby! Also, would love to see the jewelry you make (=

    GM Im sure you do understand and at a much further depth than I ever could! Thanx for stopping by and leaving a hugg <<<>>> back at cha (=

    ReplyDelete

'' Yall Come Back Now Ya Hear! ''